It’s widely accepted that dogs are man’s best friend due to their loyalty, companionship, and profound bond with us.
It’s also widely accepted that propane is man’s best fuel.
Like dogs, propane’s dependability is constant, and with just a little supervision, you’ll never run out of it — and it won’t run away, either.
Since the old days of simple gas barbecues, propane has come a long way. Convenience, versatility, affordability, and energy awareness have increased propane’s popularity. Add in innovation, technology, and demand, and the uses for this environmentally friendly fuel skyrocket.
Propane or LPG (liquid propane gas) has hundreds of uses throughout various categories — everyday residential, commercial, entertainment, and recreational applications.
Building and remodeling homes
Many of a home’s major systems perform better with gas energy, so you’ll enjoy greater comfort and see lower energy bills, too. Build in a propane system and reap all the benefits from the get-go.
Adding or replacing appliances
Don’t settle for less. Propane appliances provide higher efficiency, better performance, and include items like furnaces and boilers, water heaters, ranges, ovens, and stoves. It’s also amazing for appliances like clothes dryers, generators, fireplaces, and outdoor living essentials.
Stylish outdoor living
The versatility and convenience of home propane are nearly limitless and don’t just pertain to the inside of your home — you can also transform and enhance your outdoor space with propane.
Full and stylish outdoor kitchens, decorative flame lighting, patio heaters, fire pits, and more can all conveniently be powered by propane. Propane pool or spa heaters and patio heaters extend the fun well into the night while supporting energy efficiency, a green environment, and your wallet.
Grilling with propane
Outdoor cooking with propane is easy, safe, not messy, and inexpensive to operate compared to smelly charcoal grills.
Consumers can choose from a variety of portable or permanent installation options. And just like indoor gas ranges, propane grills offer instant on-off convenience, clean, even heat, and precision temperature control for a perfectly done meal — every time.
Better yet, they also provide the added benefit of being 105 times more environmentally friendly than charcoal grills, according to the EPA.
Standby generators & backup energy systems
Propane is your reliable and loyal backup energy source. A propane-powered backup generator can save you from stressful inconvenience and monetary loss if you find yourself or your family without power. All you need to do is decide whether a portable or standby model works best for your needs.
Propane can also be coupled with renewable energy systems. Solar water heating can be coupled with a propane tank, tankless water heater, or boiler for pool and spa water heating.
Propane is also used in conjunction with electric power. Solar photovoltaic systems can provide electricity for outdoor room applications, and a propane generator can supplement when battery backup isn’t sufficient.
Lawnmowers, heating greenhouses, irrigation, space, and temporary heat
Green-minded customers prefer to operate landscaping equipment with low-emissions propane. Compared with gasoline mowers, propane reduces greenhouse gas emissions by over 15% and carbon monoxide emissions by over 40%.
There’s also a reduction in spending. Propane equipment is secure, closed-loop fuel system saves money by virtually eliminating the opportunity for messy spills, which comes with the benefit of no smelly exhaust fumes.
Many industries find propane their best fuel, not only for cost savings but also for convenience, safety, and versatility.
Clean and green, propane delivers the most efficient, high-performance energy.
Some of the many industrial uses of propane include producing ceramic tiles, pottery, and glass, textiles, forklifts, metallurgic, and chemical production. It’s also used in food processing, farming (space heat for greenhouses, barns, forklift, hot water), automotive (autogas), and hospitality (golfing, hotel, facilities maintenance, restaurants).
Interesting propane use statistics include:
- Over 600,000 propane-fueled forklifts are in use across US industrial markets today.
- Of 100 professional chefs surveyed, 96 preferred cooking with propane, providing instant heat, responsive control, and quicker, more even cooking.
- Over 17 million vehicles globally use autogas due to its cost-effectiveness, reduced vehicle maintenance, safety, and ease of refueling.
- Around 830,000 farms in the US use propane, and agricultural experts rely on it. Better than electric, diesel, and natural gas on emissions, propane performs just as well in watering the trees and crops farmers need.
Propane does this economically and with lower maintenance requirements, too. Farmers can reap additional cost savings when they enroll in the Propane Farm Incentive Program, sponsored by The Propane Education & Research Council (PERC).
Recreation & the great outdoors
Go ahead; let your mind wander. Man’s best fuel helps to provide unrivaled portable energy.
Propane adds comfort, versatility, and convenience to various recreational and entertaining activities.
- Propane makes your outdoor experience easy and more enjoyable, whether camping or in an RV. Propane is perfect for portable heaters, fire pits, and cooking appliances. Even your RV’s fridge can be powered by propane.
- Propane is great for heating and cooking aboard boats. It produces lots of energy for its weight, is readily available and conveniently comes in cylinders.
- Portable propane heaters are perfect during ice fishing season. Keep the frigid cold at bay with a portable propane heater to keep you comfortable on all your ice fishing excursions.
- Modern hot air balloons use propane in the burner, stored in cylinders, to heat the air.
Learn more about everything propane can do for you! Call Paraco, your local propane provider, for more information about how we can fuel your every day.
Leave a Comment