Moving Into A Home Powered by Propane?
March 5, 2019 Home Owners
Congratulations on your new home! You’ve chosen wisely by selecting one fueled by Green and efficient propane. A stand-alone energy system, it will provide you with reliable heat, hot water, cooking, drying, and many other things you might consider converting to now, or in the future.
Here are some basic facts to learn about getting the most out of your new home’s propane system.
- What appliances in your new home are currently powered by propane?
- How many tanks do you have?
- How many gallons does/do each of your tank(s) hold?
- Where is/are your tank(s) located and are they above or below ground?
- Select a reliable propane provider and ensure your account is set up for delivery. If there is a transfer from the previous homeowner, decide if you’re staying with that provider, and make sure the prior location account has been updated to reflect the current change with you as the new owner/customer, and with the updated propane supply/service starting date.
- Set up an appointment for a Propane System Safety Survey. Please be aware, a person over the age of 18 (preferably a home-owner) will need to be present in order for the service technician to enter your home and perform this important survey.
- Initiate/schedule your next propane delivery.
- Upon settling in, you’ll want to research all the versatile appliances that can also run on propane. Backyard entertaining can be enhanced with decorative outdoor lighting, outdoor hearths, fire pits and grilling.
- Does your new home come with a wood-burning fireplace? You might consider replacing it with a propane hearth; clean and convenient, it lights with the simple press of a button. No more wood chopping, wood storage, wood-sparking fire hazards, or messy clean ups.
- Older and electric hot water heaters are costly. Consider upgrading to a propane-powered hot water heater, lowering your overall cost of hot water in your home.
- Own a pool? Propane is a perfect heat source that will keep your pool invitingly warm spring through fall.
- Tired of worrisome and inconvenient power outages? A propane-powered standby generator provides peace of mind and reliability when you need it most.
Our propane experts can help you determine what propane systems best fit your needs and we’d love to hear from you! Just call our customer care team toll-free at 1-800-647-4427 or live chat us at www.paracogas.com.