Congratulations on your new home! You’ve chosen wisely by selecting one fueled by green and energy-efficient propane gas. A stand-alone energy system will provide you with reliable heat, hot water, cooking, drying, and many other things you might consider converting to now or in the future.
Here are some basic facts to learn about getting the most out of your new home’s propane system:
- What propane appliances are in your new home?
- How many propane tanks do you have?
- How many gallons does/do each of your tank(s) hold?
- Where is/are your tank(s) located, and are they above or below ground?
- Select a reliable propane provider and ensure your account is set up for delivery. If there is a transfer from the previous homeowner, decide if you’re staying with that provider. Ensure the prior location account has been updated to reflect the current change with you as the new owner/customer and the updated propane supply/service starting date.
- Set up an appointment for a Propane System Safety Survey. Please be aware that a person over 18 (preferably a homeowner) will need to be present for the service technician to enter your home and perform this critical survey.
- Initiate/schedule your next propane delivery.
- Upon settling in, you’ll want to research all the versatile appliances that can also run on propane. Propane can enhance backyard entertaining with decorative outdoor lighting, outdoor hearths, fire pits, and grilling.
- Does your new home come with a wood-burning fireplace? You might consider replacing it with a propane hearth/propane fireplace.
- Clean and convenient, it lights with the simple press of a button on the remote control: no more wood chopping, wood storage, wood-sparking fire hazards, or messy clean-ups. You also have your choice of style of fireplace inserts and gas log sets to give your new home a personal touch.
- Older and electric water heaters are costly. Consider upgrading to a propane water heater, lowering the overall cost of hot water in your home.
- If you own a pool, propane is a perfect heat source that will keep your pool invitingly warm from spring through fall.
- Are you tired of worrisome and inconvenient power outages? A propane-powered home standby generator provides peace of mind and reliability when you need it most.
We’re expert propane suppliers who can help you determine what propane systems best fit your needs, and we’d love to hear from you!