If you’re a Paraco propane customer (or want to become one), you probably already know about the many uses for propane. But how much do you really know about this clean, green home energy source?
Here are ten things you might not know about propane–one of the most powerful and versatile fuels around:
- Burning propane gas produces less than half the greenhouse gas emissions of electric-based systems.
- Liquid propane produces more energy with less effort than electricity, so it takes less propane than electricity to run the same appliance.
- Propane is nontoxic.
- Propane gas doesn’t spill or pool, so even in the event of a tank leak, it’s harmless to soil or water.
- Propane furnaces can be up to 95 percent efficient -– typically 5-10 percent more efficient than heating oil or electricity-fired furnaces.
- Propane tankless water heaters can reach up to 98 percent efficiency. That means you’ll save hundreds of dollars a year in energy bills compared to conventional water heaters.
- Propane clothes dryers preserve clothes better than electric dryers because propane dryers dry clothes faster and produce less static during the drying process.
- Nearly 95 percent of professional chefs cook with gas because it enables precise and instant temperature control.
- Propane grills not only cook food to perfection but also enable you to cook outside during the warm summer months, saving you money on cooling bills.
- Propane reduces our dependence on foreign oil since more than 90 percent of it is produced domestically.
The more you know about propane, the happier you’ll be using it. Contact us to learn more about why you should make the switch today.