10 Things You Might Not Know About Propane Gas
If you’re a Paraco customer (or want to become one), you probably already know about the many uses for propane. But how much do you really know about this clean, green home energy source?
Here are 10 things you might not know about propane–one of the most powerful and versatile fuels around:
- Burning propane gas produces less than half the green house gas emissions of electric-based systems.
- Propane produces more energy with less effort than electricity, so it takes less propane than electricity to run the same appliance.
- Propane is nontoxic.
- Propane gas doesn’t spill or pool, so it’s harmless to soil or water in the event of a tank leak.
- Propane furnaces can be up to 95 percent efficient–typically 5-10 percent more efficient than heating oil- or electricity-fired furnaces.
- Propane tankless water heaters can achieve even greater efficiency–up to 98 percent; that can save you hundreds of dollars a year in energy bills compared to conventional water heaters.
- Propane clothes dryers preserve clothes better than electric dryers because they dry clothes faster and produce less static during the drying process.
- Nearly 95 percent of professional chefs cook with gas, which enables precise and instant control of temperature.
- Outdoor grills not only cook food to perfection–they also enable you to cook outside during the warm summer months, saving you money on cooling bills.
- Propane reduces our dependence on foreign oil, since more than 90 percent of it is produced domestically.
Propane–the more you know, the more you’ll be happy you use it. Contact us to learn why you should make the switch today.