Get Your Grill Ready for Spring!
March 24, 2019
With spring just around the corner, it’s time to get your trusted propane grill ready to power the fun with these simple tips.
- First, make sure you’ve got propane! If your tank is empty, carefully disconnect the tank and either take it to an authorized refilling or exchange station. Even better, if you run propane directly to your grill, you’ll never worry about fueling your grill again!
- Now clean the exterior of your grill with a soft sponge, warm water and dish detergent.
- Next, clean the interior. Pull out all grilling grates and the grease pan, and soak them in a solution of vinegar, grease-busting dish detergent and very hot water. This will make scraping and cleaning with a specialty wire brush much easier.
- When that’s done, test everything out by firing up your grill. Inspect the color of the flame immediately coming out of each burner. It should be a nice, healthy blue color. A red or orange flame means more cleaning is needed, in which case, simply disconnect the burners and soak them for about 30 minutes in the same solution referenced above.
- Once everything is clean and dry, and all burners are reassembled properly, it’s time to gather friends and family for some grilling fun.
- Lastly, if you clean your grill once every 6 weeks or so, future cleanings will be a breeze. Don’t forget to review our propane grilling safety tips! https://www.paracogas.com/support/propane-safety